Remote Printing from an iPad Using the New WebAdvantage Suite 4.0
Print Manager Plus is a powerful yet simple way for any organization to Assess, Control and Reduce Printing Costs, which average from 1-3% of a company's total revenue.
Menlo Park, California
13 November 2012
Print Manager today announced the availability of Print Manager Plus? WebAdvantage Suite Option 4.0 for organizations that need to control user printing and printing security, whether printing locally or remotely through the Internet.
This new version of the most simple and powerful internet-based Release Station on the market comes with Remote Printing features, which allows any organization to create its own Private Print Cloud.
Print Manager CEO, Mr. Bill Feeley states; "The new features in WebAdvantage Suite have been built for customers' existing Windows infrastructure, so ease of installation and setup is minimal. Creating a way for users to easily print directly into their organizations network remotely via the Internet is the future of cloud printing."
WebAdvantage Suite can be placed anywhere there is a web or intranet connection. Users will be prompted for their existing login details; from there they can print via a web browser or iPad App, view their print job's metrics, choose to print, hold, delete, or even pay for their jobs from an existing balance with PayPal or Credit Card.
New features Include:
- iPad Device Support: Infrastructure for Bring your Device Networks.
Upload, and print documents from iPad devices.
Obtain and Configure iPad Pages.
- Payment Changes: PayPal's Payflow Pro Payment Gateway Support.
- Paper Tray Features: Use the Default Paper Tray Support.
Let the driver choose the best tray based on document Size.
- General Improvements and Fixes: Added Support for PDFs with Special Crop Box.
Damaged PDF Handling.
- Settings Stability: Improved product stability during login and settings pages of the product when there are missing or corrupt database values. The product will now recover and typically fix these issues automatically.
- Unsaved Configurations: When making changes to the WebAdvantage configuration, the site will make it clear when changes have not been saved, assisting administrators in properly saving their changes before logoff.
- IP Resolution: Improved overall performance when IP to name resolution is enabled.
- Maximum Document Size: Resolved issues where documents over 10 MB could not be uploaded.
- Authentication Performance: Greatly improved speed of initial authentication when logging in using Active Directory credentials.
- Purge Hold for Release Job Timeout Issue: Resolved issue where setting timeout to 1 minute, caused it to be stuck at 1 minute indefinitely and could not be changed back to hours or days.
- Active Directory Authentication format: WebAdvantage site and devices now support firstname.lastname@example.org and DOMAINUSER formats when performing login.
- Regional Issues Adding Balance: Resolved rare issues with certain regions not being able to add fractional currency amounts when using Euro?s as the system?s current setting.
- Print Later Showing Expired Files: Resolved an issue where some expired files would still be listed as expired for printing if they had just recently expired.
- Web Printing File Name issues: Improved printing of uploaded documents with ampersands (&) and other special characters in the document title.
For more information on Print Manager Plus and WebAdvantage Suite or to download a fully functional evaluation follow the link below:
For further information contact:
About Print Manager
The worldwide leader in integrated Print Management solutions, and Headquartered in Menlo Park, California was established in 1996, its flagship product, Print Manager Plus, is used by tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Software solutions offered helps organizations, Audit, Monitor, Restrict and Control all printing, allowing for massive reductions in printing costs. At Print Manager, we believe in great technology. We believe great technology can and should delight people. And we believe in going the extra mile for our users and making the perfect product. We hate waste and the negative effects on our environment, which comes from a printer industry geared to sell you more paper, more ink and more printers. They are not incented to give you control over this waste, but we are. We believe that great technology can put IT in control of waste and let you get on with your job.